Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The new colors

As said in my last post, the three events which changed everything about my new assignment at the new job, I was brushed aside at a recent interview for my decision to part ways with the new organization in three days. Needless to say, I wasn’t able to pull it off. I have every intention to be more convincing the next time whenever one new opportunity comes my way but I also think that this is the right time to pocket a few certifications which I can get done easily with a few weeks of focus. And that brings me to my present work life which I must admit is really fun yet frustrating. Here are a few colors from my daily work life which my lame humane mind keeps drawing when i am in there.....

Earlier I was with people who were interested in everything but work and today I am in a team where everyone seems to be suffering of poor visibility and lack of eagerness to play games to make things swing. They all do their work, silently and are very helpful when asked for. They radiate coldness and their ways speak only one rule: do your work and get lost.

Earlier, my day used to start at twelve and there was no happy end to it even at ten in the night. Now a days, my day starts at ten and ends by six. People stay when they have work. Staying late and working isn’t common here and neither is it encouraged at all. All the client calls are done with in the morning and the onsite SPOC does a perfect job in getting the things transparent from the client to the offshore. Things are serene and strangely cool. They sometimes make me think: am I behaving a fresher or am I running away from the expectations set. It is tough for me to even dream of leaving at six in the evening and everyday when I do that, for real, calling my love to decide the course that has to follow, I feel more like a housewife and less like a developer. The fun of staying late, the struggle and the pain to make things work, the challenge to beat the challenge, the cold night air through a tired brain, the satisfaction of slog at the end of the day….i miss them so dearly.

Earlier, I was the only one to wear T-shirts and jeans and sport shoes all through the week getting the HR looks all through the year and I didn’t even give the satisfaction to my clients who visited the country of seeing me in a formal. Now a days, I am found in leather shoes, with shirts and trousers, all throughout the week. We have a dress code. Nothing wrong with it but wearing a trouser makes me feel as if I am not wearing anything. I love jeans. Matter of time before i get used to it i guess....

Earlier, I used to play TT a lot. That was the only fun activity or activity i had. My ideal timesheets used to have two hours for that a day. But now, I really don’t know when I would be playing a game next. There is no one around to play with. A few guys do play in the evenings and the way they play, I am already a champion here. My only hope now lies in my quest to find a sports group, internal to the organization. And if it fails, my TT bat would also add on to my reasons for a change.

They say that everything in life happens for a reason which might not be evident as of now but certainly does make sense after a few days. I am trying with my soul and mind to get as to why GOD put me in here. I know time will put some sense into it but I need to get that before I get there to know it.

Note: I am back to regular posts. I wasn't able to post and follow up on blogs since a long time. A Part of my life feels lost......time to get it back.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy this time garf! relax, take it easy. its already evident y u r here. u can spend time with ur love till she stays here. also pocket some certifications, ask her to do that as well so that u two dont get naughty with that extra time. n then when time comes switch. easy

    ReplyDelete
  2. First things first.
    'The challenge to beat the challenge' - this is really interesting Garf!! Wow!!
    As for your morphed life, I will say that take your time and let life take its own.
    Change is difficult but eventually, we adapt.
    Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. earlier u had 52/100, now u r at 62/100. very gud garf ;)

    ReplyDelete