Saturday, August 21, 2010

Me and the GMAT Episode -1

Hey all…It has been long. All I remember is that I stopped blogging because I wanted to focus on my GMAT. And as has always happened with me, I often fail the first time. This time I didn’t fail but I had to quit.

I was 100 points below my expectations on the tests that I gave and as was suggested by the experts of the subject that I needed another focused study, refreshing everything and pinning down my exact weak areas and blah blah…so I log into the GMAC website to cancel my exam and postpone it for two more months. It was supposed to cost me $50 for a cancellation but instead I saw it charging me whole test fee amount. I stopped and rechecked to see the same thing happen again. Searching for the test cancellation FAQ’s got me the fact that I needed to cancel an exam sitting at least 7 calendar days before to be charged $50; else GMAC would charge me whole of it. It was 3rd AUG and my exam date was 9th AUG. I missed it by 24 Hours. DAMN ME!!!

After a lot of effort from my side, support from my love and with words of encouragement from friends I decided to take on the exam and rebook another sitting later to attain my dream score. It felt logical to face the real exam once. My brain had it embedded deep that the test was on a Tuesday. So, on the Sunday, I went with my friend to check out the Pearson test center. On Monday I went to work thinking about the leave that I was about to take the following day for my test and when I came back home, I realized that it was the 9th AUG. I had screwed up the exam date too. Seriously, everyone is welcome to screw me verbally for this. DAMN DAMN ME!!!

That’s it for the GMAT. I screwed up everything about the test. But I am not yet done. I am at it again. Let’s see how it goes this time.

2 comments:

  1. aaawww....happens at times :(

    Best of luck for the next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shaas: Thanks. Lets c how it goes...

    ReplyDelete