Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My Trip to Toronto - 11

It was the Blizzard day. I never knew what that was, until today. We heard of it being at the US yesterday and today it was Toronto. Since early hours in the morning it’s all covered up. My manager was caring to tell me that since my Canadian counterparts would be working from home, I can take a day off. Initially I felt that it would clear up as day progresses but I was wrong. Anyways, a leave really sucked except that it was a football day at the Copa-Del-Rey. By the way, would you believe me if I told you that I was on Skype calling up and talking to friends in India since 6 in the morning, till it was 12 in the noon. 6 hours, that is the longest I have been online talking to people.

It happened to be the Joke of the day when, a school mate turn up online and complaints to me that he had been trying to reach me badly since days and that it was really bad of me having not told him that I have switched my contact numbers. And all of this crying and shouting is because he feels that he got married without me attending his marriage. Seriously, he wanted me to buy that. If it’s my marriage, and I really want someone to be there, I would get to him, whatever he might be at or wherever he may be. He was calling on my 4 year old number and he forgot all together to explain as to why he didn’t try reaching me via e-Mail or Orkut or Facebook……well, its now-a-days a fashion to tell you that you were being missed at the marriage. Its dual; it tells you that someone got married and that someone still wants to be in touch with you, though he didn’t invite or forgot to invite you. Simple!

A short nap of one hour followed by a quest out into the snow and blizzard to get my hot pizza and diet coke and I was all set for the Copa-Del-Rey semi finals. Barcelona really play a good football. There is hardly any team out there presently who play as decently and stylish as Barca does. With Messi, Villa, Xavi, Inesta, Pedro and Puyol out, it was the younger ones trying their luck today. They scored thrice and Dani Alves had some really good effort today with the ball along with Bojan and it was disheartening to see him getting frustrated for a goal. Afellay’s first goal for Barca was really good and Adriano did some run till the goal post to open the score. Its time before this new breed gets mature and matches the quality of the seniors. A very satisfying 90 minutes for me which followed by a nice end up from the German, Mesut Ozil who saved Madrid from humiliation and sealed another Real-Madrid and Barcelona final. It’s time to see, with crossed fingers what damage Barcelona and champion coach Pep Guardiola inflicts on the second meet up. The last one, a clear 5-0 victory over Mourinho will be with me forever. Sevilla, who went down 0-1 to Madrid played safe and really lacked players at the front. I feel, that made the difference for the ball was distributed evenly. Ozil, unlike Ronaldo, Benzemma and Di-Maria is a tricky player who just doesn’t rely on shots and power. He is one who plays with mind when he is at the front of the goal post and certainly is according to me the most dangerous Madrid has. He truly belongs to Barcelona.

These days, an image keeps back coming to me. It’s me flying back to India. My flight, supposedly to reach in the morning IST hours would, I hope, ensure the best sunrise I would be seeing in quite some time. I feel lonely here. It could have been bettered have I not been into the buck saving business, while on my trip here.

No comments:

Post a Comment