Friday, February 4, 2011

My Trip to Toronto - 13

It was a tough day and I really had a lot on my plate as I struggled in the morning to remotely connect to my desktop in India. It was 2 hours before I finally was able to raise a ticket. The lady Indian in my team thought of helping me out and took me to the local admin. He was supposed to be a man of hard words. I didn’t like him and the way he spoke. I didn’t understand what made him feel so proud and tough. He came to my machine twice, did nothing and came back later post lunch to change the network cable and everything started up fine. It was the start of my day. I stayed and worked on whatever I could. I am not happy. My bonus and CTC hike keeps on coming back to me and I find it difficult to work. I won’t feel any good unless I go back and talk to my manager regarding all this. My love headed home today. I just hope that amidst my heights of loneliness, our communication doesn’t become bad. Its two weeks and I can finally say that yes, I am half way down my journey. Another week and on coming Saturday, I would travel to New Jersey for a week before I fly back to India.

My lunch these days have got replaced by “Jimmy the Greek” and I have been away from “Thai Express” for the whole of the week. Well, MacDonald undoubtedly is on a record for the dinners. My Indian storage of cup noodles stands at a count of 1. They were handy and helpful. I can never forget the mornings when I gulped in two at a time, hungry and sleep deprived.

I just realized today as to what can be a downside to blog anonymously. You always miss upon your network and people you know, for votes when you participate in some blog contests. Everything these days have become all about social networking and how much you can network. No one cares much about the quality or content you write. So, being an anonymous blogger, I guess I never stand a chance at any of these contests. Many a times I do feel like going public and declaring the true me, but this is the true me, without the name or the face. I know if I go back, I won’t be what I am, here.

Tomorrow I have a Barcelona match to watch as they play against Ateltico Madrid in the la-Liga. Atletico always come up heavy against Barcelona. It’s time to see what they can do this time as Barcelona is at their historical best. On Sunday, it would be Liverpool against Chelsea. With Torres moving onto Chelsea and Liverpool signing in Suarez and Andy, it would certainly be interesting to see who draws more blood. That I guess speaks for my weekend plans.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Really great effort. Everyone must read this article. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete