Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Trip to Toronto - 10

My trip to Toronto is turning out to be a Cast Away to Toronto. This city is great and people are nice, but I am on my own, stuck up this cold. I realized that like walking in this cold. Its freezing outside but that’s what makes walking fun for me here. Wearing all those heavy woolens and heading out, watching the hot air you exhale and the numbness in your nose, cheeks and ears are some experience. Here everyone walks faster than me. I find it hard to cross someone. Only, the old ones are the easy ones. And often I see couples, walking hand in hand on the streets. I feel like stopping them and suggesting them to go inside and order whatever they need. You are together and you go out in such cold. Born here, walking in this freezing cold could never be fun as against the case with me. Why not sit at home, relax and order stuffs you need. Nez, that can’t be generalized I guess. But really, doing the talk as you walk, here, is tough. I appreciate the ones who do the talk here while walking.

My stomach is frustrated with MacDonald burgers and French fries. Either they are the lunch or the dinner. From food, to the time I spent at my room to the amount of talking I do these days, everything has become a test. I feel like being under some regime and under constant monitoring on my way to some extraordinary certification that would earn me accolades. Oh I forgot. Pay Numbers are out in India. I got information as to how much my salary has been hiked and the bonus I would be getting. And I am being asked about my opinion on those figures. They aren’t bad as compared to others in the market. They certainly do match the investment bank tag but my necessities are huge. I am still in a fix as to what I should be saying. Well, I guess I will just show my dissatisfaction and hint towards a better figure but as I feel, spelling out the exact is always tough. Life hasn’t given me many options. Eventually I have to start looking out again which I don’t want to do unless I get myself some amazing abroad opportunities in countries of my choice. So, let it start. I will tell my expectations. Rest, is destiny.

My leave is approved, regarding the travel to my birth city, late in March. I hope something else doesn’t go wrong. I am dying to be there. Post job, its pending. I don’t feel much for being an Indian or a by caste, but I can die for the place I was born at. That’s me. And I feel good that there is something about my existence I love so much.

That’s all I have for today. It’s time for my black coffee. And a big Happy Chinese New year to the ones who have it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment