Thursday, July 9, 2009

Just an "another-wish" !

I went to office early on request from my earlier manager as his manager, the man from the states, is now in India to honor the team by a visit. He is the man responsible for my current crisis at job and career. He threw me out of the business unit and no one is ready to share the parameters on which I was selected with reassurance that my performance was in the top bracket of three within the team. Sitting in front of me, he said “So you are the one whose name came up in the lucky draw to be moved along with the other two”. I felt like slapping him right there, against all HR policies, and resign and smoke happily back to my flat and have a good soul-satisfying sleep. And as if that was nothing, I also had to go to dinner with them, to show how happy I am with another mortal’s presence. Dedication and quality has no time sustainability. You get what is destined, irrespective of what you hold.. Nez….


I happened to see my friend’s album. He has always been special to me. It was US from the day we met. We had similar likes and tastes and many a views in common. He has been in love thrice, and all of them were one sided. And he suffered a lot, emotionally. But he survived and is doing well now. He (was one of my three close friends who recently left this city) always said that he survived because of his friends. He has a concept called T20 which stands for Top-20 members. He has rated his best of friends in a top twenty list. He calls them up and updates them about each happening and progress of his life. And a special note about it is that those people are there by my friend’s choice as none of them wanted to be in that list. They are the ones, he says, understands him the best. And when I saw his recent album, all of them enjoying happily at a hill station, I had mixed emotions.

I always wanted a group of mine. I too have many a special friends and thankfully I happen to be in touch with them. But somehow, be it a less eagerness on their part or be it fate, we never have been able to pull up a successful venture together in the lap of nature, enjoying and re-living old days. I always had tried and I still do try at times but as time goes on, I feel like accepting life as it comes. A question which always lingers in my brain is why, I should always be the one, to plan and think and suggest for such get-togethers? I never found an answer……….i feel sad…..and might be that I don’t wanna know the answer.

I am happy for him. Someone out there is having what I wanted and he is having it from one of his own wish list. When I see them, a bunch of more than ten, flocking together in unison of soul, bounded by friendship, having fun, I feel that somewhere there exists some ties which last the test of time, without any conditions and If’s and Why’s. I am impressed. I want to believe in them but seems like I am not privileged to do so…..I see them….and I can feel it……as of living them, better luck next time to me. LOL

3 comments:

  1. hmmm... it happens... we all have different components in life... i too feel thr are many things i wish to do...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always sad when you and a good friend grow apart or life situations change and you no longer seem to find time to spend together. Earlier this year, I "broke up" with my best friend becuase we had become different people. I was torn up about it at first, and it still makes me sad from time to time. But what can you do? Things change. People change. I just hope to one day have a relationship with another friend as strong as mine was with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buddy...where are you? Its been week since you updated? You still alive back there? hmmmm....hope that you post soon! hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete