Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Questions...

Why do we love and what is love?

In these years, I came to read so much about it. But still, when someone asks me, what it is, I say, I don’t know. I say that because I really don’t know. I have it for the last six years in my life. I can feel it. I miss it. I adore it. I long for it. I live for it. But still, I don’t really know what it is. If someone says its life, as I always prefer, it’s underrated. It’s more. And it is kind of very complex. At the same time, it is very simple. Pardon me, I may sound confused, but I can’t help it. I guess, it is everything and in everything. But, wait, I am still not done….is that all?

Moving on from what it really is or can be best described as, I wonder why is it in place? I ask that to myself because, I feel, love is not all that we want from life. Agreed that life is a journey and a bunch of countless games, which we play and win or lose, but certainly, I feel, love is not the only thing we would always like to play by. I don’t think that, given a person love, the way he/she wants, he/she can never be happy. Give someone nothing but love and that someone won’t even exist. We need an identity. We need our independence. We need our own time and our own priority list to be done. We need a society. We need ….It varies and it grows but sadly does it ever end? But still, I hear them say, love is all one needs. They plan to change things with love. They speak of love solving issues. I wonder how. A human is just an animal. It has its needs and wants. And love is just another item on that list. For some, it’s at the top and for some, it’s placed a bit down, and for some it doesn’t even exist. But it’s just another item. I am sad that I feel and question myself this way. Why do we have it inside and why is it always so tough, having it with us is something which boggles me. Why is it so important understanding and being understood, in love? Why the fight for being loved back, such a big deal? Why has the journey of life the power to end love and why can love end life? There are so many and I have so many of them inside me………..either I have gone mad or something is seriously wrong with me. But I know, I am in love with her, madly.

They say that world would have been such a wonderful place, had it all been filled with love. I say, it would have been much better had it been deprived of love. Choices would have been so simple. Mind and soul would have been at sync, working in unison. The journey wouldn’t have been so long, waiting and missing. Words would never have that power. Death and life would have been just a flip of a coin. Dreams would never had that thirst of fulfillment. Care and faith would have run for their own destiny. GOD would have given fate a thought. Creation would have been flawed. I am tiered…..it’s again the same way…there are so many and I have so many of them inside me…….either I am not living or I am denying being dead. But I know, I am in a world where love exists and has a stronghold, undoubtedly.

Why does one know and what is about knowing things? Do we really know things or is it just a false imprint of what our senses has to say….WILL SOMEONE SAVE ME……I’M LOST……………………… 

3 comments:

  1. What is love?
    Good question.... i wish i could help with that but I have no idea anymore.
    I THINK i know and then i really dont.

    and then what i thought was love was really just LIKE. and then it wasnt so called "love" at all.

    Does it even exist?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love. It's a very intangible concept. It means different things to different people at different times. Sometimes it is a blessing, at others a curse. Once in a while, I even think that love is just an illusion we fool ourselves with. But like you said, it has a lot of power in this sphere of existance.

    I do agree that without love, the world would be a much less complicated and a more efficient place. But like a barren desert, it would be featureless and boring.

    I accept love as a necessary evil that has a few unique perks. The highly-publicized but rarely-experienced healing power of love is one. Give it a shot, maybe it will surprise you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is a journey, full of unknowns. For me love (both romantic and the love between friends and family), is all about finding other humans to make that journey with, to make the unknowns just a little less scary.

    ReplyDelete