Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving Day



Since my childhood, I have longed for the Christmas. It certainly had got to do everything with the Santa Clause concept. In India, back then, it was just a concept. Now a day, at places you might see a Santa doing his job during that period of the year, thanks to IT industry and the global connectivity. I always wanted to believe in those stories. I feel good when it’s Christmas and that is one of the reasons I loved watching Polar Express apart from the fact that Tom hanks had his voice in it. I still hold onto a wish that someday I will celebrate this day in the states, where it feels more real, with my love. And as I have grown up, thanks to my movie mania, I have added two more to the list: Halloween’s day and the Thanksgiving Day. But sadly, I don’t share the same passion as my friends (majority of them) share. I never want to go to “onsite” as it is termed in this industry. Last year I narrowly escaped thrice, going to the states on account of not having a passport and there was no one to share my joy with. My manager made me apply for one and the first day of this year, 1st Jan 2009, I received my passport. Thanks again to higher management for shifting me altogether to a new business unit with no immediate scopes of an official states visit, I can stay happily here. I don’t have anything particular against going there except that I don’t know anyone there and that I don’t want to go far off to a land separated by huge figures from my love and parents. And I also don’t have the dollar mania which my friends have. I could never understand the craziness some of them have shown regarding the concept. There are ample here who literally die for going there. And it has become so common in this work culture that one has to admit that it is inevitable. So, I must say, I am lucky here.

Love of seeing places and working in an altogether different environment are understandable but not to the extent that I start looking for a new job just to have a trip to the states. Neither can I see the point in going there and trying to save dollars and wasting a visit which could otherwise have been turned awesome, nor can I get the craziness which drives all of it. To explain a bit more, the day someone lands in there, you can see his albums getting updated not with scenic pictures but with him as an extraordinary achiever posing for god-knows-what. And the society here seems to be kinder to such people too. Personally, on the work front over the last three and a half years time I am yet to see a professional deserving enough of a visit or the benefits. Nez……am tiered. Who cares….!!!

Nothing has changed for me. I still inhabit my workplace for more than twelve hours a day and it is seventh week in a row and am still waiting for a day off. I don’t have clothes left and my stuffs are all over. I don’t have time to wash. I don’t have time to go to the laundry. My present concern is to get my mobile recharged so that somehow I can stay in touch. My internet usage is strictly restricted to mails and job search. I am trying desperately for a job. I guess we fall to rise and the deeper we fall, the higher we rise and I am taking all shit my work life has to offer, believing and reiterating to myself this very same fact. Rest…onto time….

And lastly, very happy thanksgiving day to all my readers….

No comments:

Post a Comment