Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Walk-ins



Had planned to attend two walk-in events and so I did. I overcame the barrier of getting up early and was there right at the time. The first one was a fluke, as I was turned back with an explanatory note saying sorry regarding a miscommunication in the local daily as to requirement and matching skills. I headed for the second one though reluctantly. I had to put my efforts o some good use. I reached there, was warned that I won’t be getting the expected remuneration and waited for three and half hours and on my turn, I was asked about my career background, why I left my first employer, what issues are there for me with my present employer and my expectations regarding the remuneration. I was assured that I would be getting a call for an interview and I came back home. I had expected that I would be undergoing at least one round of interviews and that it would be a good thing to start with interview questions with minimal preparations. Alas, things were planned differently. Anyways, tomorrow I am headed for a jumbo job fair and I have one employer in there looking for my skills. Hope it works in my favor.

As I was seated at the second event, I saw two typical habits at display which almost always pisses me of. One being, a group, discussing questions and theories and in the process adding on to the pressure of many around them, the second being exactly that particular group of people who are already tensed and sitting there with ample notes and books in hope to give them the knowledge that, according to them, has eluded them so far. Both of these scenarios work pretty fine for me. I find them entertaining and I really hope that I get to video them someday and have it here on display for all of you awesome bloggers. I still remember, anxious faces waiting while praying, with bottles of water, bags of books and Tiffin boxes supposed to contain high energy memory boosters, for their siblings aged twenty plus to come out of exams. It always looked like a war to me. I never felt the dominance of nerves and normalcy. I also do think that those eager experienced souls never understand the image they paint in those tender minds when they do so. I wish, they had been a bit more understanding and normal.

I was really lucky in these regards. I had parents as opposed to the normal masses who cared not for my studies and results but for my health. That is certainly understandable considering that I had a major heart operation at the age of ten but still, when your parents force you to take Arts or Commerce instead of science in the +2 just because the load and pressure would be more, which is news in India. For me, it certainly was. I liked and disliked it. I liked it because it enabled to focus on my actions and understand that it was me who would be solely responsible for my actions and hated it because it was unique and too different from what was all around me. Sometimes, I too wanted that when I call them up, a voice pushes me to study harder and excel.

Well, presently am sad because my love is sitting there, all alone and watching a movie, when her exams has just finished. Wish I would have been there to be with her. That is all from me and below is a pic which I liked a lot(wish we both were there together) and my blog seems to my mortal existence, to be the most deserving place to have it. So below goes that one…..

No comments:

Post a Comment