Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Eight Months

It feels so good to be back to blogging. If you ask me what kept me away, its issues at work and not the work in itself. Gradually over the years I have become a person who now firmly believes that if you don’t get what you want, go and get it. The moment you decide to wait for it, a few moments pushes you back the queue significantly. I was denied a promotion. I was denied a project of my skill set. An organization which I still feel is one of the best around in terms of almost any parameter that I can think of, sadly, offered me my skill set assignment I was looking for once I resigned. Although they ended up promoting everyone, they failed to even commit ten percent on my promotions. Considering the fact that I was a near to excellent performer as per my ratings for consecutively two years, nothing swayed my way. I left and landed onto a place where a even bigger pit was awaiting me. I didn’t get what I was promised, neither on the pay terms nor on the work front. Now a day I am working with people having ten years with them and still, they sound, behave and talk like a fresher out of college. It’s back to the old corporate jungle of politics, racism and undervaluation of one’s efforts. I am leaving again.

That I got through one of my dream orgs and how all of it happened is another story. Even if they didn’t pay me a hike, I still feel good about joining them soon. If you ask me why, it’s just not the dream that makes me say so. It also has a lot to do with the culture which I strongly feel and can sense have always remained a big concern of mine. I can’t work for/with fools. I learnt something which I must say applies to all of you who work: Work at a place where majority of the people know better/more than you. The eagerness to learn is infectious. If you have the hunger, which can’t always be self driven for long on a lonely island, you will enjoy the food. The hungrier you are, the tastier the food is.

And now, it seems a perfect opportunity for me to go back onto an unfinished journey which I left midway. After two organizations and two resignations, several interviews and eight months of job hunt, it’s time for me to devote as much as I can, of my time, towards GMAT. My date is booked for 9th August, 2010 and thanks to my love for that. She rightly identified the procrastinator in me and pushed me for it. Hopefully, this would mean an end of an era which was the most disturbing ever for me in my four years of work experience.

I was never a career oriented guy. Today, I feel I have become one. Time makes strange things happen.

4 comments:

  1. Time changes everyone in some way or other. You are right. if you don’t get what you want, go and get it. That should be motivation enough for more blogs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What matters is that you now know what you want and will do everything to achieve it. All the best to you.
    Good to see you back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Christy & Varsh: Thanks.

    @Clipped.in-Explore Indian Blogs: For more blogs...well yeah...thats true. :)

    ReplyDelete