Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Linguistics

My nights are now spent reading grammar rules and nuances and what not. I can very well remember my childhood days. Grammar was always a hard part for me because of the amount you need to remember but somehow I used to fare good to mine and my parent’s surprise. Sadly, someone at the GMAC has decided and planned long back against that luck and surprise. I am back reading the basics after finding it tough to deal directly with the application of concepts. It felt silly to realize that I even forgot what an article is. I couldn’t help my embarrassment at such a finding. It is hard to read and focus after ten-eleven hours of work at office. I end up having no time for me. I wish time sails fast and I near the D-day with some confidence and good quality practice.

My life has stopped happening. It’s going normal. It feels to be against nature to me. I find it hard to acknowledge that silence and flow in my days. I have seen so less of them in my years. Either I am nearing something huge or I don’t interest life anymore. On a different note, I have started reading the NY Times recently especially the Opinion section. They say it helps in structure familiarity and coincides in frame to RC passages. And in the process I have lost touch with the local happenings. I wonder what happens to me and my awareness three weeks down the time lane.

I bunked my classes big-time since my engineering days. At job as a developer I read a lot in the last three years on the technology front and now my recent passion for an MBA doesn’t put me on a different page. All of this makes me feel that I should have started bunking classes much earlier and preferably from the pre-college era. No one ever told me that job doesn’t put an end to all these reading phenomena. Well, I take that as a lesson and bet that my children will surely have that enlightenment. And if any not-so-studious under-graduate happens to read this, please make a note: stop reading and have some fun before job takes the better of you or reading becomes a necessity. I had some good years and seriously hope that you get to have more.

2 comments:

  1. Anything computers requires constant reading and learning. Technology changes so rapidly-it takes a lot of work just to keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following your philosophy of enjoying while I can, but fortunately, I always enjoyed reading. :)

    ReplyDelete