Monday, April 19, 2010

Morning Dilemma

Going early to office is not that bad and I have my own story to tell. As is always the case with me, my eyelids remain half closed even after I have brushed my teeth, washed my face, had coffee and taken the bath. Every day, I hang in the mid-air at the front seat by the auto driver trying the best out of my hands, with the other commuters looking to see how dearly I love my life and want to be alive. Girls always take the back comfy seat and daily, I listen to different voices swearing, gossiping, claiming, sharing, laughing, complaining and GOD knows what not. But surely, it turns out to be the last thing you would expect someone to talk about that early in the day. And my mind enquires, what are these people made of? Morning, wind and silence go so well all together. It stays a morning and the wind flows by and if only I would have had silence…….

One of my biggest motivations to go to office early and leave my bed, sad and desperate to have me again is my morning coffee at the IT park garden right after my morning onsite call once I reach office. It is the transit time when I get the freedom to start the day by cursing my lead and wishing all the bad that I can for my manager. It is only then that it feels that I am at office and I am ready for the day ahead and the sleep in me fades away. And after having five such mornings comes the best one, the Saturday morning when I have all the time to make it up for the lost. But after five weeks, with immense sadness, I would like all of you to know that I don’t feel that sleepy in the mornings on the weekends. It’s the weekday that creates the want and the need…. :(

4 comments:

  1. I find myself in the same position! I was up at 7:30 on Saturday morning when I had the whole day to sleep in!

    Thank you so much for your wonderful comment on my blog! I definitely will let you know when I'm in India, perhaps a trip is in order for my 25th birthday as that is really the one thing on my list that I would do if I couldn't do any of the others. But I will, I'll make sure to get #25 done =)

    Thanks again and have a wonderful day! I look forward to following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny isn't it how you look forward to a lie in all week and when it come to it you just have to get up any way - I always do on a saturday mind you cos we take our little man for his swimming lesson first thing - that definitely wakes me up seeing him enjoy it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto...you wait the whole week expecting to get that much needed and deserved sleep on weekends but it ditches you...my husband does the same...on weekends he gets up earlier than usual and wakes me up too :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! We'll see about that winner bit though when I start tackling the big races next month!

    ReplyDelete