Sunday, April 25, 2010

A sad tale of many a weeks.....

A few weeks back my job search was spoiling my weekends and now it’s the house hunting. While my job search has put me into a dead end wherein I am waiting for an offer letter from one of my dream organizations for the last three weeks, my house hunting has finally paid off today. After daring the summer heat from ten in the morning till three in the afternoon on the last two weekends, soaking ourselves in tons of cold drinks and water bottles, we finally got the space we wanted. Though we have declared ourselves to be the so called “family” instead of “bachelors” believing in the plan that my parents would come and stay with me and my friend, we still need to make that happen. Here the way a house hunting works is you see a “To-Let” board and walk inside and the first thing that comes towards you is a question; “Are you are a family or bachelor..?” Their concern as the owners is understandable but just because I am a bachelor doesn’t imply that I believe in thrashing my landlord’s place and creating havoc at night with booze parties and spread unnecessary unsocial clutter. It would be a risk that they would be taking but they could rely on other means to make sure that their worries are ours. It felt as if I am sinner if I am a bachelor. And even if you don’t want us for we are bachelors, at least you can get some manners in your talks to make a point. That isn’t the case either. I don’t have the power to choose my landlord’s nature and behavior. Wish I had that. The way you speak to people, even more so when you are talking to people you don’t know, speaks a lot about your family and culture and mannerisms. Isn’t that what you seek when you plan to go for families for renting out your space? In near future, I guess District 9 would become a reality for the bachelors. While many deserve it, a few like us don’t. And there is no system in place that I can prove my uniqueness. Whatever…..i am done with all this. Next in line is packing up my stuff and settling over at the new place. And guess what? It is supposed to happen on the coming weekend. Arghhh….all my weekends are getting spoiled with all the Mondays unperturbed. :(

3 comments:

  1. Well look on the bright side buddy, you have finally found a new place! So congrats on that! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what do u want as a house warming gift, garf? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you, you finally found one. House hunting is such a pain and dealing with prospective landlords is a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete