Wednesday, June 10, 2009

All set to go..

Today was one of the busiest I had since days. Come morning, my dearest about-to-go friend made me a cup of tea. Surprised at the break from the regular behavior of me making myself coffee I headed for office after an hour of the same day-to-day activities and as I approached the main entrance of my office, I realized that I forgot my handkerchief and locker keys. I borrowed my colleague’s locker. During lunch, I called up the place I was supposed to stay at during my visit planned for tomorrow with my lady and a friend. It was tough, calling them and my friend and coordinating between them for payment of my stay as he shares the same city as that of the hotel office. It was strange that people who are managing a 3-star hotel at a hill station find it difficult to jolt down the address even though I was dictating it, letter to letter.

By four in the afternoon, I was done with the bookings to my relief. The payment was done and my friend had the coupon I needed to carry to the hotel for my check in. At office, no issues cropped up and that is really strange for the life of a developer. Today is also the last night that my friend has got in the city as he is going off to visit his lady before he gets back to his work at the new place. And we planned for a dinner outside, boozing to the memories we had and things and life we shared. And with no idea how, I somehow managed to make him come over to the same place I am planning to go for tomorrow. That surely means a great deal, as I shall be having a few more memoirs to carry on with my supplemented by the evidence of pics. It’s ironical that he shall be back to the city by Sunday morning and shall fly by an afternoon flight and that I shall be coming back on Monday morning, to this same place, with every trace of his gone. I am afraid to face that morning. I am afraid to conclude about this whole friendy-tale we were having at some time in the future. I somehow want to stop and say it to the passing by time, that please, at least this time, don’t make it be like all other outcomes I had, of all the people I still remember and miss.

And I come back home, and plan to wash my clothes. My dear hates dirty clothes. I guess everyone does except when it comes to a few bachelor morons like me. I too hate it but I hate myself cleaning it more. And in thirty minutes, I am done. Either I was fast and efficient or that I just missed on something that my lady is going to crib about, big-time.

And so as the day rests for me, here I am, writing down all of it. I shall be missing writing here as I won’t be able to avail the internet until I come back. But yes, I will surely be sharing my experience and trip with you all with pics. And how can I miss my journey of twelve hours in a non-air-conditioned compartment, all alone, watching people, facing the heat and the dirt, with pain and excitement in my heart. I simply can’t. Because, god had it for me to write it here. After all he isn’t that bad. Always!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a day! Enjoy your time with your friend while he's still around, and remember, you don't have to lose touch. It just takes some effort on both your parts to keep your friendship going, despite the geographical distance. I have friends in New Orleans, NYC and even further away that I keep in touch with often--thank goodness for the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Road trips are the best man. Just keep snappin the camera. Don't ever stop.

    ReplyDelete