Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My Score: 27

Today is my birthday. And in a way this has been the most special one I ever had. In continuation to my lonely journey here with all my close friends having moved to other cities in the past weeks and my love at studies in a different city, I am all alone in my room all on to myself having taken a leave at office. If god planned it lonely for me, I thought why not make him happier by disconnecting myself in every way I can. And so after having a tiff with my lady love last night, I switched off my mobile and disconnected my landline. I went to sleep by one in the morning for a record and woke up wishing myself a happy birthday.

History has it that I have never been able to have fun on this very day of the calendar. Somehow it turns out to be very depressing every year. And I being a human always expect it to be something different. Well, I shall try again the next year. But I do know that life is planned. No matter how we lead it or how much we may try, it’s all destined. In a way we are fool to think we succeed or we fail. It’s correct to take it as we simply want and try and go ahead to face whatever was planned for us. And when we do say we try our best, we want to make sure that we get the full credit of it or that we don’t have anything to repent about, later, if at all we fail. Palmistry has it that we all are born to fit into his grand plan, play our part and depart to nowhere. And we all do know that some have a better luck line and some of us don’t. As to why are those some preferred choice of His, is yet to be answered. For some, it hints towards an absolute freedom to try and for me, it inspires me to accept and face whatever I get. That’s why I have always preferred the saying that in life, it doesn’t matter how many games we win or lose but all that matters is how many we have played. After all, the experience and the moments shall be all that I shall be carrying to nowhere.

To all the winners: You were born to try and succeed. God made you that way and I do hope things remain that way for you.

To all the losers: You were supposed to try or not try and fail. He wants you to face it. So accept it. The day you accept is the day you start anew. May be to lose again or to win for a change.

To me: Shut up.

My birthday enjoyment program shall include a four hour afternoon nap, loads of smoke and washing the clothes. IF at all anyone wants it to differ, please do pray for it. I am always in need of it. Cheers!!!

4 comments:

  1. happy bday dude..cheer up..there r many good things wating fr u..have a blast

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from 20sb! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Try and enjoy yourself today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's too much pressure to have a ton of fun on your birthday. It's just a day, like any other. I do wish you a happy one, but it's not a requirement or anything :)

    It's interesting what you say about destiny. I can't say that I agree. I believe that I am the master of my destiny. I can do whatever I want with my life. I don't win or lose, succeed or fail. I experience. My experiences --whether self chosen or thrown at me by life--and how I choose to internalize them, are mine and make me, well me. If I sat back passively, I do not believe that destiny would take me to the same places, to the same thoughts or to the same people that my decisions have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww man sorry I missed your birthday, so yeah Happy Belated Birthday...dont be so defeated by your fate...think of it this way, everything happens for a reason, be it good or bad (I am finally trying to accept that into my life as well). Hope your tiff with your lady love worked out well.

    ReplyDelete