Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Barcelona Life

My love for football is an old story. I still remember my father eagerly watching the game being played while cheering and commenting about his favorite, the legend named Maradona. I also remember the year when Germany lifted the FIFA World cup for the year 1990, those white and black colored demons who side lined every team out of their way with their saga called “Counter-Attack”. And how can I forget the color Yellow which soared so high along with talents like Romario & Ronaldo.

But that was all I knew. I was quite unaware of the other worlds named the champions league, the la-Liga, the Bundesliga and the likes. I met them as I started my job. My peers were eqully enthusiastic about the game. Names such as Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal were new to me but the passion was the same. It didn’t took me much time to pick up with others around on the happenings. But I lacked one true genre: I didn’t have a favorite to cheer for. Watching a game being neutral is the worst way of watching it. I always missed the energy, the adrenaline, the inquisitiveness, the expectation, the prayers, the songs, the feeling, the life…

Messi mesmerized me. The legend as he already is, took me off my ground as I watched him on YouTube. It had always been Argentina and Germany for me at the world cups. Even the recent one had me in tears as I watched my factory of players, Higuain, Messi, Klose, Oezil, Podolski etc head back home. The difference was, I mapped Messi all the way back and found Barcelona. Oh boy, what a team that was. They had everything, the history, the records, the players and the best of them all, they had Pep Guardiola and Messi. That marked the end of my aloofness. I finally belonged to a club. I could finally cry and smile, together….a sense of belongingness was here….

Yesterday, Barcelona played their biggest rivals, Real Madrid. While both the teams were in the top of their forms, anticipation of the game was huge. It was a tough call and as like others, I love being modest and a low profile till the final thing happens. But in India, the match was telecasted on Ten Action Plus, a channel which sadly isn’t provided by my T.V. channel provider. With a heavy heart, there I was, sitting with coffee infront of my laptop, refreshing the Live Score page every 10 seconds. After many a ones, finally it was a 1-0 for Barcelona as Xavi scored and a second one came in too in another eight minutes. There on, it was just a wait and watch for the final moment, Victory. But hardly did I knew that I was being a part of history. Barcelona won 5-0 against the so called Real Madrid and names like Ronaldo, Di-Maria, Oezil, Benzama and Morinho were capped the clowns. We had won the last four of them. This was ours biggest victory against a team which boasted of form and capacity to deliver. Having cherished all of it, I finally took a 4 hour sleep to hit back at the post-play relaying of the game today morning. It was another chance to relive the history. And the whole day seems to have been spent quite befittingly reading the articles of THE WIN all over the World Wide Web. It is months since the world cup fever is over. I got it back Yesterday. :)

A few links that you may cherish reading as i did:
Great Acievements of real Madrid

The Thrashing of real Madrid by Barcelona

CHEERS !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment