Sunday, December 12, 2010

Top Se7en reasons: Why DECEMBER.

1. I love the night of 31st December and the morning of 1st January. The end and the start, they both make me feel very different. In India, a new year usually means no more than a night party with all the boozing and friends around. Some go on for vacations and some spend it at home with their closed ones. But for me, when I say it makes me feel different; I don’t refer to any of these. I like stopping and looking back. It always makes more sense; it enables me to see where and how I was and where and how I am today. It’s a feeling which encompasses nostalgia, memories, past aspirations and plans and dreams. It feels good and bad, alike. And it is this time of the year that makes perfect sense to be chosen over the others.


Image Source

2. I love Christmas. I am not a Christian but I make it a point to visit the church every year on this day, wherever I might be. I was operated at the age of 10 in a Christian hospital and from that very age, I am aware of the Bible, Christianity, churches and Christ. Strangely, I never find peace at a temple. I always find that at a church. It’s too personal a view but that’s how it happens with me. For others, how can you turn your back to those beautifully decorated churches, the candles, carols and jingles, the rum cakes and the star which never fails to catch attention? If you have never been to a church, be there and you will see for yourself.


Image Source

3. I proposed my love on 1st December. She means life to me. So, I am alive since December.

4. My love got her job on 10th December, this year. I cannot be happier and never have I ever been.

5. I am an Information Technology guy and my clients are almost always based in the US. This time of the year is a sure holiday for them. At my level, it means more peace at work, easy hours during the day and less burden. It is live and let live, but practical and for real.


Image Source

6. Do you believe in Santa? Whenever I tell myself, there is no Santa, I remind myself of the “Polar Express” and those countless times I have seen and heard of him. Snowfall without him makes no sense. And although it might sound childish and silly, at night when I stare up at the sky and wish it would have been falling snow, Santa fits in the best in those starry skies. So, there it is. Even though I know that he doesn’t exist, I love believing that he does.


Image Source

7. I love nights. Cold nights are the best. December guarantees that it would be the coldest. Go outside, roam around, listen to music and feel that breeze all over your face through your hairs. Its solace redefined and fulfilling.


Image Source

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to you and your love :) I love December too, but not so much the freezing cold. Btw, I found you through the 'WeLoveComments' Group!

    ReplyDelete