Saturday, January 29, 2011

My Trip to Toronto - 7

I spent the whole day inside. MacDonald was my lunch and Thai Express was the dinner. I need rice and shrimps are always a favorite. I also searched for the Toronto tourist places and came across quite good ones. The CN tower with 180 storey as being the latest onto the modern world wonders is surely a must watch. I wasn’t able to find anything easier though. As said earlier, I would like to stay at my room as long as I can. It has been just one of whole three weeks down. Miles to go…

My favorite Television show Roadies 8 is on air. I miss watching it on my TV. I have an LCD here but it’s just waste. It has only the Canadian channels and paid movies. Cable services in India really are amazing and better. They almost suit anyone from anywhere. Anyways, YouTube is doing the shows for me. In La-Liga today, Barcelona smashed Hercules 3-0 today and the 400th goal under pep Guardiola comes from Lionel Messi. And without an effort, Messi even scored his second. Not to mention the starter from Pedro. That was really an amazing score and surely places Pedro among the top brackets.

I am still having tough time with the currency here. I keep on going to these shops for my dinner or lunch and I always spell the same thing out: “I am new here, can you help me with the coins”…They always do. That’s what I like here. People, though they happen to mind their own, do feel like humans. The lady who comes for housekeeping, the guy who came in twice for fixing up the internet and bulbs and the plumber for the shower issue, they all felt human and they all looked happy and they all sounded content. I don’t know what it is but it surely is good and something which India lacks for sure.

I just recollected that I haven’t been smoking since 10 days. That is the longest I have gone without it. And on the flip side as you start expecting that I finally gave up something bad, I am now-a-days addicted to black coffee. That’s what I have in room and I love it without the milk and that’s what is growing upon me. I hope this doesn’t become the next addiction issue of my life. Well, that was all from the Toronto Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment