Monday, December 28, 2009

Top 10 from my life this Year: 2009

Today I read about a New Year symptom which is really a very common one. The Top Ten syndrome which has gained more popularity with the growing World Wide Web and it is then that I realized how true it is. Almost everyone, about everything, at the yearend comes up with a Top Ten list whether you like it or not. Why only ten and why not twenty or what is the legacy behind or benefit from having such a list are some things unanswered. You can easily get a Top Ten about music this year or movies this year or the tourist destinations most favored or the car sales and what not. All I can get you here is my Top Ten list, which details about the major happenings of my life this year and it goes as below:

1. I oscillated pretty well from preparing for Java/J2ee to GMAT and had almost two months of brainstorming and preparation done. I visited BTG (www.beatthegmat.com) regularly and posted and read and got into the habit of reading the economist and suddenly realized that I need to have a backup plan before I plan for the MBA. 70% of the preparation was done and I put all of it into water and started with my technological exposure.
2. Two of my closest friends left the city. One went chasing his dreams for an onsite opportunity at the states which sadly boomed after a few months and the other had no choice when his office shifted city. Another one left with me, left too and surprisingly came back after a few months as he hopped a job. At the end, it’s just the two of us, and the group of four is broken. Now it is just about being in touch.
3. The love of life started with her MBA degree this year and went on to stay with five unique characters. Her day-to-day happenings at home, if quoted, will be something to read and I can bet on that. What happens when six girls stay together? Ask me….i can now predict a bit. Apart from that, studies and the big word career is always there. So it has been a busy packed tight personal life for me. Hope all of it pays off and she gets her share of deserving happiness and credit when it is time.
4. I resigned back at my work. I was unable to take the pressure and opportunity of working with six fools taking my credit and misbehaving, all of that under an insensible manager and an always demanding lead. Sitting at the office and waiting for some work to come from the client and that too on a weekend at night ten sacrificing my dinner and love and personal life for nothing but complains and illogical comparisons took the better of me. I had my day and thank GOD for getting me two options to join in another two months. Hope everything that has started good ends good too.
5. The whole year remains sprinkled with days at GYM. I tried many a times and failed more than often to keep the momentum. I am happy that I tried and sad that I failed and guilty that I didn’t try whole heartedly. So many occurrences had never happened before in a year. Seems like I will get it up and running in a few years down the lane.
6. I started my anonymous blog where you are currently and I have loved every bit of it. Though there have been tradeoffs as to posting of pictures and snaps, still as long as I have the freedom to write and express and share, I am happy. And I am happy that I have all of you as my readers. You all have made this world much more special and in a hidden way, have encouraged me to pen down my feelings and thoughts. I owe you all. Blogging and all of you bloggers are a part of my life and I always feel great about having you all here.
7. A big highlight of this year for me was receiving my passport on 1st JAN, 2009. I got it on the D-Day of the year and people who know how I had struggled to get it can only understand its significance. I had a post about it in my previous blog and someday I would share the same. It is the only evidence that I have to show off my perseverance and passion for getting things done when I want them.
8. Earlier I used to meet my love once a year but this year was a special one. We were able to spend a lot of time together and I thank GOD and destiny for that. We have been to places and we had fun and we shared our lives for days and our bondage has increased. Not to say that now we are more eager to meet and miss each other more. Somehow, they happened, sometimes planned and sometimes unplanned but, they were equally fulfilling and lovely. This year is special.
9. I started watching “How I met your Mother” and it is the second awesome thing to which I was introduced to by my love, the first one being Harry Potter. I am presently into season 4 and believe me guys, it is just as what Mr. Barney says “AWESOME”. I love it and I am hooked. I wonder what next would it be once am done with the currently running Season 5 episodes.
10. As a person, this year has changed me a lot. I want to get married to my love. I wanted that since long. Just that now I want it badly. I am done with a bachelor life and want to settle down with her as soon as possible. I now prefer taking a longer look down a few years in whatever I choose and want to add some substance to my life which can make it seem like being alive. My love for her seems to be redefined and I am eagerly waiting for my heart to pulsate the way it deserves to be.

Sorry to the ones who made it to this line. It came out to be a big post. A summation of a year wasn’t easy and I have tried my best to pen down all that was meaningful and significant to me this year. That was a year in my life and a few days down, it would be my past. Hope I was able to make you a part of it the best way I could have.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, I researched this post & read only meaningful points, Really your life is full of enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete