Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The last few steps..

First of all, thanks to all of you who commented on my Valentine’s post. I was shocked to see that everyone agreed on what I said about love and it kind of made me feel good… :) If you ask why I was shocked, I find it rare that people agree with me.

This Friday is my last working day at my organization. When I am sitting there doing nothing or as I prefer saying being at work with no work, people around me busy as usual with their work and assignments, talking and discussing managers and policies over coffee and smoke, attending meetings and getting aware of the updates, it makes me feel unique and different. It is as if I was the same and suddenly something has changed about me making everyone behave differently. Everyone in my team, the very same people who behaved sick now seem to be carrying a smile ready for me and they seem to be much more sensitive and receptive to my words and actions. Sometimes, when they discuss issues and concerns of the client, I mistake myself to be invisible to them. A look at my screen displaying online news updates or an open acrobat file draws jokes and curiosity from them contrary to what earlier had been a mocking smile or an irritating comment. Additionally, two years is a good amount of time. Wherever we stay and we move on from there with time, we miss it. That is human nature I guess. We are born to adapt and move and carry the memoirs in our pockets. It makes us heavy as we go but also makes us feel living worthwhile.

I would be having 11 days with me before I join my new employer and I can spend it the way I want to. I am presently enduring financial crunch so going home isn’t an option. Getting some certifications done for which I am almost prepared would be a choice but I have certain interesting interviews lined up with organizations I would love to be a part of and they might come up in this phase. One thing I would certainly go for is cooking. I have this feeling inside me which says I should learn how to cook and get started on with things more serious than coffee or maggi or an omelette. It would be a nice time killer and would be good for me at times decreasing my dependency on my roommates. Sadly, it would make them happier too.:P And for a higher score, I always have blogs and movies. Swimming was also on the list but they said that the batch is full as of now. Being a Garfield fan, I don’t have much expectations from myself on these activity frontiers but having such plans is always fun and keeps one motivated to look forward to. Worst case: my list of uncompleted ventures grows. :D

6 comments:

  1. What you said is like anyone's dream...but sadly this freedom comes only after you choose to take that drastic measure...till then everyone is out there to get you or compete with you..

    Having so much time at hand...surely must be tough to decide as to what exactly must be done..I reckon..a Garfield fan would just sit and let the days go by while you can idly sit and burn your precious calories by breathing! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. true " It makes us heavy as we go but also makes us feel living worthwhile. "..

    all the best for the farewell day , the interviews coming up, the cooking practice, the certifications, and to spend time with your girl...

    you are not used to people agreeing with you??.. hahahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Varsh: I sometimes feel that i can churn out calories even from water...and i always save them. :D So i feel you are quite correct.

    @Meenakshi: Wishes for all of them...? Cool...am thankful.
    Yep..i repeat...i am not used to people agreeing with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute blog you have!! found you on blog catalog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is so easy to sit and dream of things to do isn't it.. and when you hv to really start.. trouble.. u hv a long list to go through.. what fun!!
    all the best for that and also for your new job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @christinaslittleworldtwo: Thanks.

    @Pooja: I hope your wish helps. :)

    ReplyDelete