Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Leader

Sunday was a good day for me. It had the Roger win over Murray. All through the tournament, I supported the Briton and he really played the best of his game. But when it is Roger, there cannot be anyone whom I can like. His flair and style is deadly, yet serene and smooth. He seems like flowing around the court and his shots seem to come off effortlessly. Moreover, at the finals, it was clear that the Briton might have it someday, but on that day, he wasn’t prepared for the big game. As said, he might need a few years to be there to win it. And so comes the 16th one for Roger. The only fact that was bad about the whole game was that it didn’t last for long and was wrapped up by the third one.

Sunday, I watched “An Education” and it is a good movie and “very” as a prefix is not required. It has a message with it. IMDB rates it over 7.5 and I felt it deserving of that. It is about a teenage girl and how her life changes when she falls for a flirt who is double her age. I would say you watch it if you don’t have any ready with you on your list.

And so we move onto the Monday. The only thing about Monday was an incident which happened at my office and it runs like this. For all of them who don’t know, I have resigned a month ago and presently am serving my notice period. My colleague from my team resigned yesterday as he has some personal issues and he wanted it real bad to go back to his city. We move around together as a group of three. So, yesterday, my sweet manager found me at the stairs and told me “You are the leader….…of people going out….giving them tips and tricks and helping them out with questions……I got that”. So, that is how a nine year experienced guy behaves as a manager of the team and he still finds himself getting paid heavily and suitable to work in IT. I really wanted to pay him back but I can’t do that. But he ruined my day. Instead of trying to know why someone wants to move out and what is wrong in there in his team that is making people choose and try, he taunts me unofficially at my nature of helping people who have already made up their mind. If that is how it works, yes I am certainly a leader then and I am quite happy to have found my new talent. As they say “people don’t leave their companies, they leave their managers”, I cannot help thanking GOD more on parting ways.

2 comments:

  1. i know.. recently my guy joined a new company too.. he loved his old company, the policies, the job,everything..except his manager.. he just couldn't stand him.. just seeing him could spoil his day.. but in a way, i guess the manager was a way of God to push him to better opportunities and heights..

    so, take the lesson, let no one hav the power to spoil our day, smile at such meant-to-prick comments (they wish to see u down, wen u smile,there is nothing that can irritate them further,and technically u havnt said anything back). Chill out the rest of the notice period and have a grand exit to have a beautiful new beginning.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Meenakshi: :) Awesome...i will do just that.

    ReplyDelete