Wednesday, February 3, 2010

It Happened....and WOW...am LOST again.

Presently, I feel tensed. As I was heading home, the HR finally called me….yes the call that I was waiting for and the same call which I vowed against yesterday. He called at half past nine late in the night….a time when I would have expected him to call the least. Whatever he offered me isn’t what I had asked for. It is pretty less than my expectations but yes, it is a bit more than what I already have. Clearly, the choice now, considering the three offers I have, stands between brand value and remuneration. But, speaking logically, remuneration also isn’t there. It’s not that big a chunk for which you would happily sacrifice working for a brand name. And I never got a chance to do that. On the other side, my liabilities are high and I am in need of more bucks. So, as you all can see, I am confused. I am unable to decide the best one for me. And I have to stick with one because he would call me back by ten in the morning. I called up many. While majority stick to working with a giant, a minority feels that growth would be more if I choose otherwise. Ah….I complain when I don’t have any options and I complain when I have options…what is wrong with me…. I need a good sleep…a lot is going on with me….the sooner I hand it over to the subconscious, the better.

Lastly, before I sign off for today, big THANKS to all of you. You all wished me luck and I got it finally. Life certainly takes a turn when one has people like you all on their side… :)

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it irritating to have got what you wanted and still feel like there's a thousand miles to go before you'll make it there? I'm sure you'll choose the option that's best for you. A brand name does make your resume look good but if it doesn't take care of your pocket, it is not worth taking the plunge I guess.
    I guess you'll need more luck to make the decision now...ALL THE BEST!!! And do let us know who you went with finally...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i guess u shld chose the brand..u'll gt d bucks later..wid brand name u hv security..bt thts me..looking 4ward 2 knowing wot u chose :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HR advice : if there is no huge difference in the remuneration, do opt for the brand name.. for one, it will help you a looootttt the next time you think of changing and apply.. 'cos your brand name tag will give you more calls than a smaller organization on your resume.. Plus brand names haven't become so simply.. You are bound to have more competition and loads and loads to learn in such companies.. which in a way is great for your future career prospects. smaller organisations too can be a good opportunity...but unless they are that competetive and promising enough to make a high name/regard for themselves in the organization pool before you decide to jump company for next step of career, they would not do much good to your resume.. brand names attract big pay packages and they come with an assumption that if you have made into it, you really have something- that you aren't just any tom, dick or harry..

    huh!!!m bored of my own gyan gaan.. lol.. happy for you that atleast the HR called..he woke up from his slumber at last.. the late call is his style of conveying that he is a busy guy working that late.. cos usually HR people don't work on shifts..not unless they are outsourcing their services.

    so happy choosing.. and yes the prayers and wishes shall always be there.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i sound like such a granny in my comment above.. lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Varsh: Yep for sure i would let you know. I havent decided yet. Am still considering my options..

    @NoFairYtAIE: Hmmm...i am getting what u said. But, its tricky ...a brand doesnt ensure security. Lets c..

    @Meenakshi: Thanks for the wishes and i shall always be thankful for them, coming..
    You are correct. I too feel that ways. The concerns you addressed are indeed the ones i need to think of. Seems likely that ur choice would win, but let me chck once again if i can make it out better. :)
    And Granny's are good.

    ReplyDelete