Friday, February 12, 2010

I am done deciding....

I am not going for the brand. Being the largest IT Company in the world and ranking within the top 10 fortune 500, currently facing a brain-drain, they promise 7% year-2-year hike for the unidentified geniuses of the world. I am certainly not one. So I get a meager 3% considering I dream of myself as a good plus. A year of efforts would keep me hoping and expecting for more. And I have hopes riding on me and I have huge liabilities to cater to. I would have loved to join you Mr. Brand, but my life has many a chains attached. If I work, I am not doing that only for myself. I have my people with me and if I don’t see their expectations fulfilled, I can’t be happy. But I thank you for giving me the opportunity to dream about us for some days. :)

I choose bucks. Though the difference isn’t huge, still I can see it increase after a year of efforts. My work has better chances of being recognized and I get to cross my magic figure on my pay slips. My list of liabilities shrinks. I can see tomorrow. It is not a fortune 500 but one working for them, still the only one which placed me closer to my expectations when I started my search for a job.
Unless HE has different plans for me, I would stick to what I have decided. The dilemma is over. The choice has been made. And from here I move into the last working week with my present organization. An association of two years will end. It has been my longest with any of them. The last one fell short by five months and I hope, the next one scores at the least, five more.

Out onto the lanes which matter more, my love arrives today and her stay of four months in the city kick starts. It would be lame if I say I am happy. I feel alive seems befitting. I have plans to go and watch “Valentine’s day” today and celebrate it tomorrow with her. The V-day also has a movie called “My Name Is Khan” for us which I am waiting to watch since last year. It is two in the morning……I better go and grab some sleep to wake up into a world with her in it minus the distance…….

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy the V-day and the next four months when she is near...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely written, hope the next four months of your life are smooth, and plain brilliant. Enjoy the V-Day! :)

    ReplyDelete