Monday, February 15, 2010

My V (very weird)- Day

This year had got the weirdest Valentine’s Day I ever had. Usually, the day would have roses and gifts and candle lit dinners and long walks or talks by a serene place of scene or beauty. Mine didn’t have any of it. The only thing which matched my plan pages for the day was the movie we went to. The rest of the day had me searching for a better accommodation for her or us rushing from store to store to get her list of things she needs at her hostel or deciding the items and their priorities so as to tag some with an urgent tag. We even fought for a few mins a couple of times in between. And we had a normal ordinary simple dinner to end the day and I walked her hostel.

Yet, this being the one having us together after so many years shall remain special to me. It was unique. Togetherness matters and that is what counts. Love can’t always be roses and gifts; love has a lot more to it. And without all those tender sweet add-ons, thinking over the list of items, speeding to make time for a dinner, love felt more real, practical, lively and interesting in its own way. In the walk of life, an occasional stroll into the gardens will always be an awaited welcome but, walking together is what makes the garden strolls delightful and worthy of a visit for me. Hope you all had the day as planned…

7 comments:

  1. "Love can't always be about roses..."-- I couldn't agree more. Romance is nice, but long lasting relationships are about comparability, about being partners through this journey we call life. That includes the mundane, day-to-day stuff like grocery shopping too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inlike the 'perfect' days we always dream of it's days like the one you had that etch themselves into our memories and that we cherish the most!

    Avery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post got me reflecting. I am trying to figure out this whole "love" thing. I know God to be love. I know a parent's love. I know love for a sibling or best friend. I can not figure out what love for a guy is supposed to be like. Thanks for the insight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey u got 25 followers. great.

    Its not the V day when u can do all the above like u said. Just choose a random day and do all that u wanted to do on ur V day. it will still be the same ,may be ever more n better coz u will hav her by ur side

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Garf...like you said being together matters the most...it is evident that you had numerous things at hand and they needed to be done...what's great is that you two were together in it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. with her near you, you got nothing to complain about buddy.. my v day went just as planned.. a working sunday, with my colleagues, away from my guy with a half hour telephonic conversation at the end of a tiring day; which can be called my only solace..

    But hv seen Vdays come and go... Love is all that matters and no one has to wait for a valentine's day to have a second go at the plans.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Togetherness matters and that is what counts. Love can’t always be roses and gifts; love has a lot more to it.
    This is just so true, i can't agree more..very well said :D I'm really glad you understand this fully, because i really came to understand this the hard way!

    ReplyDelete