Saturday, February 13, 2010

A suggestion....

Never plan. As I had mentioned in my last post, I had plans to go today to watch “Valentine’s Day” with my love and then celebrate the day tomorrow. It didn’t happen. She was sick of the travel and was down tiredness. So I went to the movie with my roommate and were the only two guys sitting together in that row amidst the couples. The scene where in the soccer player confesses that he is a gay and his guy comes over finally in the night with roses, it really felt awkward. For the first time, when the movie ended, we intentionally avoided arms around each other. But I am happy that I wished her at twelve in the night and without any further planning, hope that she shares the day with me, the day we make sure to acknowledge and respect the care and love of our lives.

Once I used to be single too. Though that is six years back, but I surely do remember how I felt on this day. I don’t know if being single or being in a relationship is bad or good or whatever but, I certainly would say that if you happen to be single on this day, welcome it by loving and thanking yourself. That is one thing I have never been able to do. I don’t know why but I don’t like myself. And I feel, it is a pretty nice way to ward of the void which you might happen to feel on a V – day. A Happy Valentines Day to all of you.

5 comments:

  1. being single i think has been an every day life for me. never had v-day celebration with a better half or bf :) hence no clues how it would feel if it happened!

    and i m sorry ur girl had to fall sick... which actually might mean 'love me not only on 14th but all the year round :)'

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it were not for V-Day, Singlehood would have been a thing of ultimate pride for singles. It is tough, but you are right, this day must indeed be welcomed by all.

    I am all excited about the movie but I 'planned' to watch it and God knows when I'll be able to actually watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Americanising Desi: LOL...that was cute...regarding loving all year round. Thanks. There are counted V-days for you too and you will surely get that....Cheers!!!

    @tanvi: I can understand. V-day is just a day...special for some, and similarly a special day exists for sure for the singles also.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. V-day is the day of love, to be loveb to spread love :)

    Great post..

    http://sparkledaroma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete