Saturday, January 30, 2010

I Love Blogs !

I watched “It’s Complicated” and it was OK. It doesn’t hold any repetitive value but the movie was right in its content. There were some moments in there holding promise and could have been bettered. But movies like that appear every year…don’t they? Meryl was superb.

Tomorrow has got loads for me. Firstly, Roger and Murray in Australia and then I have my favorite reality show “Roadies” and lastly, Manchester United will share the playground with Arsenal. So it is going to be more than seven hours of television tomorrow…..a rare one for me. And now you must already have known what it would be about, here…tomorrow..... :)

By the way, I came across an article from The Economist which talks of today’s connectivity and had some really cool data about Facebook. And here it goes:
Facebook, which celebrates its sixth birthday next month and is now the second most popular site on the internet after Google. The globe’s largest online social network boasts over 350m users—which, were it a nation, would make Facebook the world’s third most populous after China and India. That is not the only striking statistic associated with the business. Its users now post over 55m updates a day on the site and share more than 3.5 billion pieces of content with one another every week. As it has grown like Topsy, the site has also expanded way beyond its American roots: today some 70% of its audience is outside the United States.

That looks huge and it certainly shows how deep technology is rooted into our lives. But none of these social networking sites were good for me. I am in there and have a pretty good friends list and I do check the pages regularly. But the Gemini in me never allows me to be there for long. To cite a few cases, if you already know about the apps/games available on Facebook, I started playing Mafia Wars and then Car Racing and a few weeks back I was on with Farmville. All of them met the same fate….I gave up after a few days and that they all were amazing for the first thousand clicks. It makes me wonder about my blog. But the idea behind a blog is what keeps me going…..….thankfully it’s not just technology.

7 comments:

  1. Blog is about you. Technology comes later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a real honest opinion.
    Social Networks are because of us. But, for some of us bloggers, our personalities are shaped because of the way we blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous: Thats what i said. :P

    @dev2die4: Oh...i thgt the way i am decides the way i blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was addicted to facebook wen I wz new to it. but da novelty started wearing off and now even thinking about logging in on fb bores me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. true.. social netwoking through FB or Orkut is still on my list only 'cos there I could connect to my friends I had thought I have lost for life..tried my hands on farmville too,got bored before i knew it well enough. Thnaks to FB & Orkut, but if it weren't there I'd still be ok.

    But Blogging, its pure bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahaha what you said about Geminis is so true Garf since i'm a gemini myself..I can so totally relate to it :D

    P.S watched Its Complicated yesterday. You're right, there's nothing special about the movie but Meryl is just way too good :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. @NoFaiLrYtAIE: Same here...i don't even remember when i logged in last.

    @Meenakshi: Absolutely a BLISS. Nothing on www can can match up to it. :D

    @Aeish: Oh...you a Gemini tooo..WOW. :D

    ReplyDelete