Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hanky-Day

The day started as bad as it could. I had paperwork to be done and scanned and sent for my project with my one of the organizations I would be joining and it was pending since December third week. I decided today to be day. Just when I was about to be done having scanned and printed the documents, the power was cut. The shop doesn’t have a single UPS backup. That’s from a city in India where IT flourishes and the most competitive exam of the country goes online. Leaving the work half done, I rushed to my office. I was happy with myself for having come up with an innovative excuse for being late at office: “My debit card got stuck at the ATM and I had to rush to the main Branch.” That’s India guys. Tell them the truth that you had some personal work or you woke up late because you found it hard to sleep last night and you deserve screams. For this one, I got sympathy, curiosity and understanding. In short, all that I needed.

We had a Team meeting today. I love them. Just watch people come up with issues and see the manager handle them with occasional help from the team leads. They could never understand that as long as the work is getting done, all managers and leads are happily eager to listen and help with no soul or mind. I stopped complaining and highlighting and suggesting, long back and I wish they do the same. They deserve nothing but silence. May be when someday I would get there, I will try things and speak and suggest. Hope by the time I reach there, I stay the same.

That’s what I call a mechanical day if I take out something which also happened. My love, when she was here a few days back for the New Year was searching for her lost hanky. She thought she has misplaced it somewhere. She was right. But it happened to be good for me. While starting for work and the document work in the morning I thought of carrying a poly bag with me and I took out the one which we used while shopping. The small cute hanky was right there. I was overjoyed. I could smell her love and warmth in that tiny piece. It was a world to me and that was the best thing about today.

1 comment: