Thursday, January 14, 2010

Yeppie...A Holiday




Today was a holiday for me. The day is called as “Makar Sankranti” in India. Now before anyone of you wonder what it is about, here goes a brief description of it:

Makar Sankranti is one of the most auspicious occasions for the Hindus, and is celebrated in almost all parts of the country in myriad cultural forms, with great devotion, fervor & gaiety. It is a harvest festival. Makar Sankranti is perhaps the only Indian festival whose date always falls on the same day every year i.e. the 14th of January. Some celebrate it as Lohri and some as Bhogali Bihu and some as Pongal.

Pheww…I never knew all that and I am living in this country for the last 27 years and have been guilty of enjoying the holiday every year. Google rocks !!! This is something about me. I am not culturally inclined and it never occurred to me to understand and have two lines about these occasions and festivities. But I see people around who know a lot and who know something and a bit. I stand unique and eager to share the stage.

I saw “The Tournament” yesterday and I didn’t find it a 6.1 deserving as per IMDB. The impact wasn’t there and it could have been a lot better. It reminds me of “Mortal Combat” which I liked a lot. I used to play the game day and night and we had been able to find several hidden key combinations. “Quanchi” was my key. Nez…presently “Second Life 2” is keeping me busy and I salute the maker for the way they have developed it. Games and movies…how can someone stay away from them…they deserve the addiction…

Note: I have seen bloggers do innovative posts marking their 100th one and I am finding it difficult to think of one for my own. I am bad at innovative ideas.So if any of you reading this has some…..please do share…..I would be thankful.

4 comments:

  1. In Malaysia it is celebrated as Pongal.

    Anyways send me your proper home address yeah if you still want to take part in the project. It doesnt matter if you dont want to send me your real name. I'll just address it to Garf! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Farah: Thanks Farah for that. I will get back to you with my details... :P It feels great..am in..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Write about your lady love or do a fiction thingy for your 100th post... or more so write anything you enjoy writing.. If you enjoy writing something, then the readers enjoy too ( another of my crooked conclusions)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Meenakshi: You are the first one to have at least got me something about my post...Thanks for that...lets c what i do..i have this feeling too that it would be about her.. :)

    ReplyDelete