Monday, January 25, 2010

TT day :)

Dear bloggers and all of those who wished me luck, today was a dumb day. I was expecting the HR on the wire but today, not even a friend called me…LOL

Tomorrow is a holiday here and to make myself a little comfortable and seem like an opportunist, I take it that they would do so on Wednesday. I am not scared to lose it. If not they, someone would, someday get me what I want. It would mean a bit more of slog and I am here to do that. No point in fearing it…..some things are supposed to be hard earned….so…I wait….will update you all. I owe you that one………:)

The main event of today was Table Tennis. Yes, I love the game and I am learning it for the last two years. It is all about physics and concentration. It surprises me that back at engineering college I used to see fellows playing and always felt it was lame. And then, when I started my IT career, a senior colleague asked me if I knew the game as we were having coffee together overlooking people play. And he said “If you wanna stay in here and survive, learn that game…..it is as important as work”….and believe me, he was damn right. It is by a huge margin the only game you can play while at work, every organization has it, it is a great tool for networking too, it increases your focus and is all about adrenaline and guile. It certainly adds some action to a developer life and there are guys like me who look forward to it when they start a day. So, back to point, I played for six hours today. I don’t want to work and I guess my lead also feels the same now. I kept expecting the call and had a rough patch with my love yesterday too. Now these would justify my day today...and here it goes...three hours of TT during lunch and three in the late evenings….one hour for my lunch and one for my necessary coffee and smoking breaks...…ooppss I forgot…..add one hour for my mails and online habits…...seems I scored nine hours. Hmmm……nez…thats it about today......to Indians a very happy republic day ahead and to others, happy end-of-Monday… :)

4 comments:

  1. Happens.. HRs can be lazier than other staff members; they just are more adept at hiding it (I should knwo that reeeaaaalll well).So expect the call anytime this week. wednesday the earliest and Next Monday the latest. :)

    about TT.yeah, I too started playing TT when I was in my previous organization, not out of choice but becasue a colleague wanted to play badly and had no partner.. so he approached and like any decent friend-colleague would, I tried my hands on TT for the first time.

    Feel good factor was surely the end result. not for me, but for him. He had never before defeated anyone in TT and that too so pathetically. He made it kind of a habit to keep asking me for just one game (which was hardly 15 minutes). Then after weeks of practice (missing out on my tea times and loo breaks too) during work hours in the bay.

    I had to learn the game till I defeated him and pathetically at that. After 3 consequetive loss, he suddenly stopped having free time and the urge to play.

    Before that and after that I have never played TT.

    still happy that it helps you make your day!!

    njoy!! (see my comment is almost as long as your blog post) *evil smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and Hey, Happy Republic Day!!!

    Jai Hind! Vande Mataram!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Republic Day Garf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Meenakshi: Hmmm...so u too work in IT i guess. Nez..u shuldnt hav stopped doing that. TT is cool...hanging on a bit longer would have made you see the same which i said about the game.. :)
    Its hell addictive...and HR's..yeah i know them...they have quite a similarity with the indian police form the bollywood flicks...never on time..Nez...a huge comment is always welcome. :)

    @Anonymous: THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete