Friday, January 22, 2010

Three things....

Three things about today….

Firstly, someone form my organization is sick and has caught some rare disease and the operation would need a huge amount of money. We have a common forum where in people send mails to interact and share information and there was a discussion on regarding this for raising a fund to help him out and the same was communicated a few days ago as an organizational announcement too. There were so many discussions going on regarding the amount that everyone should contribute and what else can be done to better the aid. After seeing them I was confused as to what I should do. The dilemma I was in was not about the amount but the question if at all I should contribute. The thing which bothers me is that at signal cross and at stations and on foot paths, time and again, I have denied a few coins to the needy and now I am about to donate big. Who deserves…? May be both and if that remains of it all….ain’t I inhuman..? If I am…..why this fuss and donation…? But shouldn’t it start somewhere…? And even if it does start here……shall I be able to change myself at those cross roads and stations…? Or is it that we need a corporate platform to donate and help…..? Or sickness has to be a cause…..and humanity shouldn’t be the cause…? Whatever……..i can feel the shame……

Secondly, I have interview tomorrow. I am sad and happy. I will tell you the reason for being happy first as it is the smallest one. I am happy because I may crack it and there is nothing more than that little “may” in this. I am sad as I have to read and there is so much to go through and there is so much that I didn’t even read and I have played TT today a lot and I am tiered and I just wanted to enjoy my Friday night and I really don’t know how things would proceed tomorrow and what all I would have to face and blah blah blah……..wish me luck….……


Thirdly, my love is feeling sick and her exams are just a few days away……so, wish me more luck guys.....i am of no use if anything is wrong about her.... :(

10 comments:

  1. Yah about ur first thing, its not similar, but along the same lines. I was wondering why is it that we bargain with a vegetable wala or an autowala to save a few 10 rupees whereas we open our purses to big brands like Reebook or LeeCooper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous: Yes it is on the same lines....and the case you mentioned is also justified...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm.. wondered the same thing several times..

    wishing you luck and your girl as "get well soon". Don't worry she'll be fine..

    Hope she reads your blog.. that girl ought to know how much she is loved !

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Meenakshi: :) Who do you think this Anonymous might be...any guesses....and secondly, check out my followers...u will something there too....i

    Nez..thnx for the wishes....lets c how thngs move..

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm thats not much of a dilemma you got there..Help as many people as you can but keep in mind the fact that you cannot help everybody, and about the person in your org..do help him man, sickness is reason enough!

    Wish you luck and may she get well soon!

    Stay Blessed
    Aeish :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Aiesh: Yep...for sure i would help him....you are correct in saying that everyone can't be helped....thnx for the wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww....good luck my dear buddy! have some confidence in yourself and I'm sure you'll be okay! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can't help everyone financially, emotionally whatever and still be able to help yourself. It's not greedy or inhuman; it's just reality. I give to those I trust--organizations I've worked/volunteered with, people I know, etc. For example, I gave to Doctors without Borders to help with their work in Haiti, because I can trust the org. You can't trust every beggar on the street.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Farah: thanks...needed that. :)

    @M.J. : Yeah...you have a point there. But even it feels bad. I realized that i never gave...i was always on the receiving end...but there is a sector where in i should play a role...howsoever small or insignificant it might be...doing and trying is important....that counts...u always know...
    On a different note, world is in need of ppl like you....

    ReplyDelete