Thursday, January 7, 2010

Third One

I became an avid novel reader when I joined engineering college. Reading novels were fun and time used to fly by without notice and I enjoyed the new world. Bunking classes and reading novels felt genetic then. I was all bad and spoilt and undisciplined except being a good reader if at all that can score. I started with Sheldon and finished almost all the titles available for Forsyth, Puzo, Robbins, James and Brown. Sherlock Holmes, Christie and Lord of the Rings happened too. But there were many like Cook and Grisham whom I didn’t like and by the third year I was done. I thought that my college library was exhausted or my horizon was limited. Harry Potter was just a children character and people used to talk about the special effects. I never thought of giving it a read until one day I saw her (who else can it be) reading it. I mocked about the childish content and ended up carrying the first one home. It was an experiment and it seemed just like any other book. She insisted and I took up the second one. Third one was my decision and dear bloggers, I got hooked. I really don’t know what happened since then. It was hard to keep myself from that world. The mystery took over me. The imagination was so precise and detailed and interestingly spawned that I was lost. Before the seventh one released, I read the earlier six ones at least four to five times just to make sure that I wouldn’t be missing anything when it comes to the final one. I remember shipping her, the last one the day it was released and I still remember how proud I felt right then. And whenever I would feel low at office and would like to distract myself and cheat from work, it was always dear potter. I rank Rowling as the best writer I have ever read and I salute her imagination, eye for details and storytelling skills and I thank you my love for making me read such lovely pages.

I am big movie buff. IMDB is my favorite and I love torrents and big screens alike. Tom Hanks happened first and since then there has been no way out. I love movies and I love Bollywood and Hollywood alike. I have a huge list of favorites and it is beyond my mental capacity to recollect which all I liked till date. I never used to watch television series. I remember seeing Friends once but I didn’t like it much. When you are in a relationship, you sometimes do things you have been asked to do which you would never do if you would have been single and it was for the second time that I ended up liking it a lot. How I Met Your Mother is what I am referring to. Needless to say what happened next, I am currently in the fourth season and I am sad they are airing the fifth one. Wish I had more seasons to watch and catch up. It has now replaced my laptop movie screenings and serves best in purpose, at the end of the day. I love Tedd, Barney always rocks, Lily and Marshall are cute and Robin is dumb yet funny. I am in love with them and I thank you my love for making me aware of such a lovely world.



So Dear Love, I am waiting for the third one to happen……….

2 comments:

  1. You are wrong on count my dear. I told u 2 watch forest gump n thats when u started watching Tom Hank movies like Cast away, the terminal etc.; remember?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw u started writing blogs also when i insisted......so in all u r waiting for ur fifth one. well honey they just come.......i donno when........but u will hav to wait for it....coz so am i :)

    ReplyDelete