Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The List Toppers of Life

One of the best things about winter is the morning sun. Getting out of the cozy bed in the chill of the morning and going into the sunlight while looking over a misty cold haze is a joy which is hard for me to categorize. It is one of those which comes only with a life and I think, is amongst the small joys affordable even to a creature like me. And when it is all covered in fog and visibility is low, wait for the morning rays to pierce it and see it lift gradually. It is so refreshing. The cold air into my lungs feels like a blessing. Wish I could capture the whole phenomenon somehow……

One of my friends started his blog today. I had been telling him to do it since a long time and finally today was the day and his first post speaks about his visit to the Himalayas. The pics were so nice. I wanted to take some myself and a trek to the Himalayas has been long pending on my list. Those mountains which I have always preferred over the seas are irresistible. Last year I had collected information of such a trek which the Government of India organizes monthly but things didn’t work out. Planning and co-coordinating between friends when all of you work in IT is in itself an uphill task. And I still remember comments from some which goes like I have gone mad and I behaved a lunatic when I tried my options for such a trek. I pity them and wish that somehow in this birth of theirs they get to know what it is like up there in the Himalayas.

There is so much to do with a life. Hardest part is when you have to prioritize. And when it happens, somehow the second and the third ones on the list forever remains the way they are. Things move up from the bottom and become the winner. Some things just stay where they were on the list. Life changers come from deep down and turn things forever. That’s what destiny’s game is all about and that’s where plans almost always fail.

1 comment:

  1. Wow the Himalayas sound so great! But physically I would be totally unfit to trek up there but can you just imagine the view? It would be to die for! and I'm glad to have you back buddy! =)

    ReplyDelete